Sunday 3 August 2014

Shrimp Tacos with Homemade TORTILLAS!!

 I have always thought the idea of fish tacos was strange.  I guess that is because I never tried them….until now!

Making my own tortillas always intrigued me….but living in Canada and trying to find an authentic tortilla press was almost impossible.  Thank goodness for online shopping and Amazon!!  Last month I decided to order the press and give this whole new cuisine a try.

Yesterday was experiment day.  Myself and my wonderful husband decided that it was time to try our new press and  shrimp tacos for the test.

We were blown away at the final product.  Although my tortilla making skills are far from the wonderful Mexican chefs, if the first attempt at something at least resembles the end product, and the taste is awesome….then the attempt was a success…and these WERE!!

I made the dough and pressed out the tortillas and he cooked them in the skillet.  We kept them warm while he grilled the shrimp on the BBQ, and I sliced up the avocado.  These tasty little gems were garnished with chopped kale and peach chutney.  For the side we had a crispy cool cucumber salad.

Voila just like that we felt like we were in a little Mexican villa without leaving the house!!

I certainly don't think fish tacos are strange anymore….in fact I think these are going to become one of my favourite fun things to make!!

Like I have said before….have fun in the kitchen and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment